Dodo Pubs are looking for an Area Manager to come and own the day to day running of our five pubs, soon to become six this summer!
At Dodo Pub Co, we are known for our award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes. From relaxed weekend brunches to buzzing late-night cocktails, our pubs are the go-to for real good times.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired ovens.
Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up super fresh original salads, tasty sides and spicy wings and, quite frankly, the best breakfast and brunch (if we do say so ourselves!).
From the bar, we offer a wide selection of beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served
up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Sound like your kind of thing? We’re currently seeking a confident, creative & nimble Area Manager to join our growing head office team.
The Area Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the pubs, ensuring that there is a culture of care, pride and consistency in the quality of our products and service. As a leader, our
people will look to you as a role model, which means setting pro-level standards in line with our vision.
You will be a shift runner and not a laptop warrior, working side by side with your managers and teams. Our people are our top priority, you’ll need to support and mentor them to help them progress their skills and move forward in their careers at Dodo.
You’ll need to be an excellent communicator and an inspiring leader, with the ability to get on with
anyone – managers, teams and customers alike. You’ll need to be great under pressure and have a rich CV with a wealth of hospitality experience, an understanding of both front and back of house, and a strong understanding of figures and the finances involved in running several sites.
SO… WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO BE AN AREA MANAGER @ DODO PUBS?
- A natural leader and motivator, with the ability to train & develop a great team.
- Be people centric and passionate about hospitality
- A can-do, problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Customer-orientated approach, with the desire to create an atmosphere where all our customers feel comfortable
- Have high product and operational standards
- Be a hands-on manager, process orientated, organised and obsessively attentive to detail
- Excellent financial understanding
- IT and computer literate
But enough about you! What will Dodo offer in return?
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Dodo Unity Fund (our people bonus)
- 45hours working week. Overtime paid in lieu (every time)
- Team canteen when at work
- ‘Dine @ Dodo’– Bring 3 mates once a month and we’ll pay for your food.
- Great work/life balance
- A big annual Dodo party!