The Up in Arms is looking for an assistant manager to join its young and energetic team.
The Up in Arms, opening spring 2019 is part of the Dodo Pub Co – known for award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes. From relaxed weekend brunches to buzzing late night cocktails, our pubs are the go-to for ‘real good times.’
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven. Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up super fresh original salads, tasty sides and spicy wings and, quite frankly, the best breakfast and brunch in Oxford (if we do say so ourselves!).
From the bar, we offer a wide selection of beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Sound like your kind of thing? We’re currently seeking a confident, motivated assistant manager to join us at the Up in Arms. The assistant manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business in its entirety in the absence of the general manager, for supporting the GM at all other times. You’ll be passionate, organised, and have great people skills, with the ability to lead and inspire the team by example – and you’ll be committed to maintaining the atmosphere of this much-loved neighbourhood pub.
So, what else you need to be an assistant manager at the Up in Arms?
- A confident person with a positive attitude
- A hands-on manager with an understanding of both front of house and back of house operations
- Able to inspire and lead by example
Customer-oriented approach, with the desire to create an atmosphere where all our customers feel comfortable
- Organised and attentive to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Basic financial experience
- A no-compromise attitude in delivering only the very best for our customers
But enough about you! What will Dodo offer in return?
- Pension scheme options
- Additional bonus options/shares of yearly profit
- 28 days holiday
- Your birthday and Christmas off, guaranteed
- Great work/life balance (45 hours per week)
- Paid overtime
- 40% discount at all Dodo Pubs
- Meals when on shift
- Regular trips to inspirational food and drink venues that we love
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.