Dodo Pubs are looking for a general manager to run The Rickety Press, Oxford!
The Rickety Press, opened in 2011 and is part of the Dodo Pub Co – known for award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes. From relaxed weekend brunches to buzzing late night cocktails, our pubs are the go-to for real good times.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven. Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up super fresh original salads, tasty sides and spicy wings and, quite frankly, the best breakfast and brunch in Oxford (if we do say so ourselves!).
From the bar we offer a wide selection of beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Sound like your kind of thing? We’re currently seeking a confident, creative general manager to join us at The Rickety Press, Jericho.
The Rickety Press is a neighbourhood pub and hub for the community, and the general manager sits at the heart of this. They are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the pub in its entirety. You’ll need to be an excellent communicator and an inspiring leader, with the ability to get on with anyone – staff and customers alike. You’ll be great under pressure. And you’ll have a rich CV with a wealth of hospitality experience, an understanding of both front and back of house, and a strong head for figures.
So… what else do you need to be the GM of the rickety press?
- A natural leader and motivator, with the ability to train and develop a great team
- Creative and passionate about hospitality
- A can-do, problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Customer-oriented approach, with the desire to create an atmosphere where all our customers feel comfortable
- Organised and obsessively attentive to detail
- A hands-on manager, with minimum 2 years experience in a management role
- Excellent financial understanding
- IT and computer literate
But enough about you! What will Dodo offer in return?
- Quarterly bonus as % of salary, target assessed
- Paid overtime – 45 hours p/w contract
- Great work/life balance
- Pension scheme options
- 28 days holiday
- Your birthday and Christmas off, guaranteed
- 40% discount at all Dodo pubs
- Meals when on shift
- Regular trips to inspirational food and drink venues that we love
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.