Dodo Pubs are looking for a General Manager to run their young & energetic team at The Rusty Bicycle, Oxford.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven. Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up super fresh original salads, tasty sides and spicy wings.
From the bar, we offer a wide selection of beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Sound like your kind of thing? We’re currently seeking a confident, creative General Manager to lead the team at The Rusty.
The Rusty Bicycle is a neighbourhood pub and hub for the community, and the General Manager sits at the heart of this. They are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the pub in its entirety. You’ll need to be an excellent communicator and an inspiring leader, with the ability to get on with anyone – staff and customers alike. You’ll be great under pressure. And you’ll have a rich CV with a wealth of hospitality experience, an understanding of both front and back of house, and a strong head for figures.
So… what else do you need to be the GM of The Rusty?
-A natural leader & motivator, with the ability to train & develop a great team.
– Creative & passionate about hospitality
– A can-do, problem-solving attitude
– Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
– Customer-orientated approach, with the desire to create an atmosphere where all our customers feel comfortable
– Organised and obsessively attentive in detail
– A hands-on manager, with minimum 2 years experience in a management role
– Excellent financial understanding
– IT and computer literate
But enough about you! What will Dodo offer in return?
– Competitive salary + annual bonus
– 45hours working week. Overtime paid in lieu (every time)
– Dodo Unity Fund (our peoples bonus)
– Tap to Tip – 100% tips are shared amongst our team –
– Team canteen when at work
– ‘Dine @ Dodo’– Bring 3 mates once a month and we’ll pay your food. – Pension scheme options
– Great work/life balance
– A big annual Dodo party!
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.