The Up in Arms in Oxford, a part of Dodo Pub co are looking for a Head chef!
Dodo Pub Co – known for award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes, our pubs are the go-to for real good times.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven and renowned burgers which are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up some tasty sides and spicy wings.
From the bar we offer a wide selection of craft beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Sound like your kind of thing? We’re currently looking for a Head chef to join the Dodo family. As Head chef you are responsible for leading your team and managing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen.
What do you need to be a Head chef at Dodo?
- A confident person with a positive attitude
- Able to inspire and lead teams
- Passionate and hardworking
- Organised and a great people manager
- A no-compromise attitude in delivering only the very best for our customers
- Able to work closely with the head chef and other senior chefs
- Able to remain calm and work under pressure in a busy, team-focused environment
- Great communication skills
- A strong understanding of food hygiene and health and safety policies (health and safety training provided)
- Minimum 2 years in a managerial role
What will Dodo offer you in return?
- 30K – 32K Salary
- Leader performance bonus
- Dodo unity fund (our peoples shared bonus)
- Tap to tip – 100% of tips are shared equally amongst team
- Dine at Dodo – Free food you you and 3 mates every month
- Genuine work life balance – 45 hours with flexibility for all roles
- Pension scheme options
- An end of year party to end all parties!
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.