The Rusty Bicycle is looking for a senior chef to join its young and energetic kitchen team.
The Rusty Bicycle is part of the Dodo Pub Co – known for award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes. From relaxed weekend brunches to buzzing late night cocktails, our pubs are the go-to for real good times.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven. Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up super fresh original salads, tasty sides and spicy wings and, quite frankly, the best breakfast and brunch in Oxford (if we do say so ourselves!).
From the bar we offer a wide selection of beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Sound like your kind of thing?
As senior chef you are responsible for supporting the Head Chef in managing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen. You’ll be calm under pressure, a great communicator with excellent people skills, have the ability to offer support and guidance to your team, and, of course, a love of good food and a commitment to maintaining high standards in the kitchen.
SO, WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO BE A SENIOR CHEF AT THE Rusty?
- A confident person with a positive attitude
- Able to inspire and lead teams
- Passionate and hardworking
- Organised and a great people manager
- A no-compromise attitude in delivering only the very best for our customers
- Able to work closely with the head chef and other senior chefs
- Able to remain calm and work under pressure in a busy, team-focused environment
- Great communication skills
- A strong understanding of food hygiene and health and safety policies (health and safety training provided)
- Minimum 1 year of kitchen experience in a similar role
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT YOU! WHAT WILL DODO OFFER IN RETURN?
- Competitive wage
- Dodo Unity Fund (our peoples bonus)
- Tap to Tip – 100% tips are shared amongst our team
- Team canteen when at work
- ‘Dine @ Dodo’– Bring 3 mates once a month and we’ll pay your food. – Pension scheme options
- Great work/life balance
- A big annual Dodo party!
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.