The Up in Arms is looking for a senior chef to join its young and energetic kitchen team.
The Up in Arms is part of the Dodo Pub Co – known for award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes. From relaxed weekend brunches to buzzing late-night cocktails, our pubs are the go-to for real good times.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven. Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up in house hand-cut chips, tasty sides and spicy wings.
As a senior chef, you are responsible for supporting the Head Chef in managing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen. You’ll be calm under pressure, a great communicator with excellent people skills, have the ability to offer support and guidance to your team, and, of course, a love of good food and a commitment to maintaining high standards in the kitchen.
So, what else you need to be a senior chef at The Up?
– A confident person with a positive attitude
– Able to inspire and lead teams
– Passionate and hardworking
– Organised and a great people manager
– A no-compromise attitude in delivering only the very best for our customers
– Able to work closely with the head chef and other senior chefs
– Able to remain calm and work under pressure in a busy, team-focused environment
– Great communication skills
– A strong understanding of food hygiene and health and safety policies (health and safety training provided)
– Minimum 1 year of kitchen experience in a similar role
But enough about you! What will Dodo offer in return?
– Competitive wage
– Dodo Unity Fund (our people’s bonus)
– Tap to Tip – 100% of tips are shared amongst our team
– Team canteen when at work
– ‘Dine @ Dodo’– Bring 3 mates once a month and we’ll pay for your food. – Pension scheme options
– Great work/life balance
– A big annual Dodo party!
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.