The Up In Arms, Oxford is looking for a supervisor to join its young and energetic team.
The Up in Arms is part of the Dodo Pub Co – known for award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes. From relaxed weekend brunches to buzzing late night cocktails, our pubs are the go-to for real good times.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven. Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe.
From the bar, we offer a wide selection of beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Supervisors are responsible for supporting the general manager and assistant manager in the day-to-day running of the pub. You’ll be in a leadership position, taking responsibility for training and development of staff and acting as a role model. You’ll be highly motivated, organised, and, most importantly, excited about getting stuck in at the deep end of this much-loved neighbourhood pub.
So, what else you need to be a supervisor at the Up In Arms?
- A confident person with a positive attitude
- Able to inspire and lead by example
- Customer-oriented approach, with the desire to create an atmosphere where all our customers feel comfortable
- Passionate and hardworking
- A great problem-solver
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organised and attentive to detail
- A no-compromise attitude in delivering only the very best for our customers
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
But enough about you! What will Dodo offer in return?
- Paid overtime
- Pension scheme options
- Tips paid monthly and shared equally among staff
- 28 days holiday
- Your birthday and Christmas off, guaranteed
- Great work/life balance (up to 45 hours per week)
- 40% discount at all Dodo Pubs
- Meals when on shift
- Regular trips to inspirational food and drink venues that we love
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.