The Rusty Bicycle in Oxford is looking for a member of bar staff to join its young and energetic front-of-house team.
Opened in 2009, the Rusty Bicycle is part of the Dodo Pub Co – known for award-winning interiors, top-notch burgers, Neapolitan pizzas and unbeatable neighbourhood vibes. From relaxed weekend brunches to buzzing late night cocktails, our pubs are the go-to for real good times.
From the kitchens, we offer authentic Neapolitan pizzas cooked at 400C in our wood-fired oven. Our renowned burgers are ground by a seriously good butcher, using our special double-tasty recipe. We also serve up super fresh original salads, tasty sides and spicy wings and, quite frankly, the best breakfast and brunch in Oxford (if we do say so ourselves!).
From the bar we offer a wide selection of beers, wines, wonks, cocktails and craft coffee, all served up by knowledgeable and passionate staff to customers that care about quality and community.
Sound like your kind of thing? We’re currently seeking a motivated, reliable member of bar staff to join us at the awesome Rusty Bicycle, right in the heart of East Oxford.
The Rusty is a neighbourhood pub and hub for the community, so our members of bar staff are expected to create and nurture relationships with locals as well as to support their managers in the day-to-day operations of the pub. You’ll be a great team player with strong people skills and a positive and friendly outlook – someone who’s excited about working with us at Dodo and who takes pride in what they do and is eager to learn.
So, what else you need to be a member of bar staff at the Rusty?
- A confident person with a positive attitude
- Friendly and polite
- Customer-oriented approach, with the desire to create an atmosphere where all our customers feel comfortable
- Organised and a great team player
- Passionate and hardworking
- A no-compromise attitude in delivering only the very best for our customers
- Previous hospitality experience a bonus
But enough about you! What will Dodo offer in return?
- Up to £8.20 per hour
- Pension scheme options
- Tips paid monthly and shared equally among staff
- 28 days holiday
- Your birthday and Christmas off, guaranteed
- Great work/life balance (up to 45 hours per week)
- 40% discount at all Dodo Pubs
- Meals when on shift
- Regular trips to inspirational food and drink venues that we love
We always look to promote from within Dodo Pub Co. As a result, we have a strong belief in nurturing and developing our staff. We offer loads of training programmes and opportunities to help everyone develop to their full potential – so if you have career goals, we can help you reach them.